Wilshire Indexes help clients, investment professionals and researchers accurately measure and better understand the market. The Wilshire Index family leverages more than 40 years of Wilshire performance measurement expertise and employs unbiased construction rules.
The flagship Wilshire 5000 Total Market IndexSM (Wilshire 5000®), widely accepted as the definitive benchmark for the U.S. stock market, celebrates 40 years this year. Developed in 1974 to address a clear gap in the market, the Wilshire 5000 offers a robust alternative to a market proxy of just 500 stocks that, by nature, falls short as a basis for risk measurement and diversification by missing a significant part of the investment performance story.
- Wilshire 5000 Family: Flagship family includes the Wilshire 5000, Wilshire 4500 Completion and a suite of Wilshire size and style indexes designed to help investors evaluate performance of style managers.
- Wilshire Real Estate Family: The Wilshire Real Estate Securities Index and sub-indexes, including the Wilshire US REIT, are designed to measure the real estate market without the limitations of appraisal-based indexes and instead use focused, publicly traded real estate, equity securities. In 2006, global real estate indexes were included.
- Wilshire Liquid Alternative Family: The Wilshire Liquid Alternative Family is designed to provide a broad measure of the liquid alternative market, as well as sub-strategies, and measures alternative investment strategies accessed via liquid ’40 Act mutual funds.
- Wilshire Business Development Company IndexSM: The Wilshire Business Development Company (BDC) Index is designed to measure the performance of publicly-traded BDCs that focus on the debt financing of small, developing and financially troubled companies.
- Powered by Wilshire: Powered by Wilshire is an offering that allows investment and fund managers to marry their own proprietary index methodology with Wilshire’s well-respected brand, time-tested index calculation engine and state-of-the-art distribution platform. The new offering provides an independent, 3rd party, implemented solution that delivers historical index data to support marketing efforts as well as ongoing calculations.
- ABR Dynamic Blend Equity and Volatility IndexSM: The ABR Dynamic Blend Equity and Volatility Index is designed by ABR Dynamic Funds, LLC to capitalize on U.S. equity market volatility.
- Pacer Wilshire US Large Cap Trendpilot IndexSM: The Pacer Wilshire US Large Cap Trendpilot Index, based on methodology designed by Pacer Financial, Inc., utilizes a systematic trend-following strategy that provides exposure to either the Wilshire US Large-Cap Total Return Index, the Cash Rate, or 50 percent of each, depending on the relative performance of the Wilshire US Large-Cap Total Return Index on a simple historical moving average basis.
- Pacer Wilshire US Mid Cap Trendpilot IndexSM: The Pacer Wilshire US Mid Cap Trendpilot Index, based on methodology designed by Pacer Financial, Inc., utilizes a systematic trend-following strategy that provides exposure to either the Wilshire US Mid-Cap Total Return Index, the Cash Rate, or 50 percent of each, depending on the relative performance of the Wilshire US Mid-Cap Total Return Index on a simple historical moving average basis.